Why is PERMETHRIN so important?
Permethrin is an insecticide that is a synthetic replica of the natural insecticide pyrethrum which is derived from the flowers of the daisy chrysanthemum.
Developed and tested by the U.S. military for use on uniforms. It is a contact insecticide, which means it kills insects when they come in contact with it.
When applied to clothing, bed nets, tents, or gear, the treated fabric repels and kills biting insects; including mosquitoes that may carry West Nile Virus, Chikungunya or Malaria AND ticks that may carry Lyme disease, Powassan virus or Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
When dry, it bonds to the cloth fiber or mesh netting and is odorless and non-staining.
Permethrin is water based, biodegradable, and virtually nontoxic to humans, with no systemic effects reported.
- Safe for children's clothing
- For use on clothing, tents or netting
- Safe to use on natural & synthetic fibers
- Odorless when dry
- NOT for use on skin
- Chemically related to natural Pyrethrum
- Uses the same active ingredient used in hair shampoos for head lice.